Southminster Presbyterian Church is pleased to announce that we are offering a six-session parenting class using the Active Parenting model and featuring instructor Gary Steeves.
- First and third Thursdays starting 2/15, 6:00-7:30.
- 2/15 and 5/3 will include provided dinners at 5:30.
- Free childcare will be available on a reservation basis, for up to 20 children.
- Classes will be held at Southminster, 19834 8th Ave S.
- To register, add your registration choice to your cart.
- Registration will close on Sunday, February 11th.
- One copy of the book is included with all registrations--additional copies are available from Amazon.
About Gary Steeves
Gary is a Certified Mental Health Counselor, Pastoral Counselor, Mediator and a Certified Leader/Facilitator for Active Parenting. He has been employed with Samaritan Center of Puget Sound for over 30 years serving South King County in Renton, Kent and Federal Way. He has been a soccer coach for 25 years, an active golfer and daily routine in the gym. He is a proud grandfather learning how to still apply the skills in Active Parenting which leads to wonderful attachments with his grandchildren.
About Active Parenting
Active Parenting will give you skills to achieve a fuller, more satisfying family life… and help your children achieve greater happiness and success. Written by Dr. Michael Popkin, one of the nation’s foremost experts on parenting education, this course will show you a proven-effective approach to parenting that will lead to more harmony and happiness for you and your children. You’ll learn 7 strategies for school success, along with positive discipline and communication techniques to help your family run more smoothly. But the heart of the matter is the increased JOY you will experience as a family. Since 1983 over three million parents have learned from this dynamic, entertaining, and fun-filled video and discussion program—and now, so can you! Read more about Active Parenting here...