Are you called to "recycling?"
(Bibles, eyeglasses or stamps, that is!)
As many of you know, Fred Ritsema has faithfully helped our congregation recycle Bibles, eyeglasses and stamps, converting these into resources for ministry. Fred now lives in Idaho ("miss ya, Fred"), so Witness in Action is seeking folks who feel called to coordinate this ministry. Although Fred handled the recycling of all three items, you might feel called to coordinate to help with one, two or all three items. The ministry involves collecting the items from congregation members and sending them to Christian organizations that put them to good use for God. Everything is set up to keep this ministry moving -- we just need one or more servants to volunteer a little time. If you'd like more information, please contact me.
Marty Hawkins, Witness in Action
- Southminster Provides meals to the Women at Hospitalitiy House THIS week (Oct. 24-30). If you can help, contact Ina Edmiston
- Memorial Service for Chris Rohr - Saturday, Oct. 29 at 11 am at Southminster.
- Youth Halloween Party - Saturday, Oct. 29 - Contact Amy Campbell for more details
- Harvest Festival - after worship on Sunday, October 30th Plan to attend! Potluck lunch (bring salads or a main dish - we have lots of sugar already so no desserts are needed). There will be games and crafts for the kids and a chance for everyone to visit.
- Slackers will meet on the 1st and 3rd MONDAYS of each month - If you have questions - contact Jim Coleman
- SOCK IT TO HOMELESSNESS - bring new, white, athletic socks and place them in the special box in the coffee area. Last year over 25,000 pairs of socks were donated citywide and they predict the need will be even greater this year. We will be collecting socks thru October when they will be dedicated on Sunday, Oct. 30th at Operation Night-watch. You are invited to attend the dedication. More about Operation Night-watch at www.seattlenightwatch.org
- Men's First TUESDAY breakfast 8 am on November 1st at Des Moines Creek Restaurant.
- Sunday, November 6th - Homeless Event - taking hygiene kits, warm clothing, food and blankets to those living on the streets in Seattle.
- Men's Fall Retreat - Saturday, November 12th 8:30 am to 12:30 pm "Do I Act Out of Fear or Out of Love?" Some of the questions we will be discussing and working on: What exerts the biggest influence on my life, the fear of what I don't want or the hope of what I do want? Why is it so hard to do what God tells us to do and allow the rest to follow? Where in my life would I like to move from acting or thinking out of fear and into love? Breakfast at 8:30 am and finish up with lunch at 12. Together with God we'll grow stronger as we learn from each other.